As Game of Thrones gets ready to wrap up after 8 (ehhh, maybe a little rushed – but that’s not what we’re here to talk about) seasons, we’re all definitely a little sad to see the show coming to an end. I’ve been a big fan of the show and it’s crazy twists and turns, incredible characters and intense storylines. We’ll definitely be having a little bit of a thing to watch the series finale this Sunday and wanted to put together a few drinks and snacks that will go perfectly with the viewing of the conclusion of Game of Thrones. First up is the Fire In Her Eyes, a Game of Thrones-inspired cocktail that would make Dany happy.
The Fire In Her Eyes cocktail is inspired by Daenerys and her fiery side. A bit smoky (with a little help from either Drogon or a Breville Smoking Fun), a little bit spicy, a lot tasty, this drink will get you into a Mother of Dragons state of mind for the Game of Thrones finale viewing – though I highly recommend you don’t start setting everything around you on fire after drinking it.
This Game of Thrones cocktail gets a little kick from whiskey, a bit of smoke and Fernet-Branca. It’s not overly powerful but definitely has a bit of fieriness that will get you ready to watch the fate of Daenerys Targaryen and the rest of her crew. Will she make it through? I’ll be honest, we’re not too hopeful, but whether she does or not her memory will live on in this drink. Shall we get down to it?
Fire in Her Eyes Cocktail AKA The Stinson
- 2 oz Rye Whiskey we used Canadian Club 100% Rye
- 1/4 oz Fernet Branca
- 1/2 oz Cinzano Sweet Vermouth
- 1/4 oz Freshly-Squeezed Blood Orange Juice
- 1 Barspoon Simple Syrup
- 3 Dashes Angostura Bitters
- Combine rye, Fernet Branca, simple syrup, vermouth & bitters in a mixing glass. Fill with ice and stir until very cold (about 30-35 seconds)
- (Optional) Strain into a sealed container -we used a whiskey decanter – and add smoke (we used our Breville Smoking Gun). Allow to infuse for 15-20 seconds.
- Double strain into a chilled coup glass and garnish with a blood orange twist. Enjoy!